Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Makeup for the "NO MAKEUP LOOK"

It may sound too ironic, but sometimes in the world of makeup, a little effort is needed in order to enhance an effortless look.

It has been awhile since I posted a real post here on Blogger, and I'm glad to have myself back! Allow me to share with you my favorite everyday makeup that looks like you're not wearing any makeup at all! I might be sounding like violating a Philosophical rule under a Circular Reasoning Fallacy, but actually, there's really a secret to no makeup look, and it's literally called The Secret to No Makeup Makeup by Too Faced. It's a one-stop shop palette for your blemish-concealing and face-contouring needs, allowing you to achieve a fresh and effortless looking face, just like you just got up from your bed with a very sweet dream this morning!

The packaging looks like joking (Well, the title of the makeup itself did it). But it's definitely a girl's every power! 
It absolutely provides your contouring basics to enhance your fresh looking face!
Contents:
1. Bronzing Veil - swipe it on your jawline, top of your forehead and sides of your face for a more sun-kissed look.
2. Creme Blush - its cream-based texture achieves a more looking natural finish.
3. Blush - unlike the Creme Blush (above), it's in a powder shimmering form for a more glamorous look. Great for evening parties where you need an extra sparkle!
4. Conceal - used for hiding your blemishes and covering your eyebags.
5. Luminize - Basically, it's your highlighter! apply a little bit to the highest points of your face (temples of your cheeks, brow bone, nose bridge and cupid's bow). It's the most powerful tool in the palette to achieve a fresh looking face since it creates an illusion of a full-looking face profile, making it looking more young and blooming.
6. Brighten - used to cover up your dark circles. It has a lighter shade than the concealer. To achieve a perfect way to hide your blemishes, apply the concealer first and dab a little bit of brightener to fully cover them up.

For noobs, the package provides a brief guide to contour your face, depending on which effect you would prefer for
the day, be it a "just woke up look", "blemished covered nude face" or a "party ready makeup".
Swatches on my warm undertone (with flash)
I personally love this palette, that I always tag it along to my everyday makeup to-go kit! My top palettes that I definitely use are the luminizer/highlighter palette. Its cream based texture looks so natural when applied. I also love the creme blush because it stays so natural on your cheekbones. It makes me look so young and blooming everyday!



However, trying to be unbiased, let me lay some disadvantages on the line:

1. Not undertone friendly. It only offers 1 set of shades and honestly, looking at those swatches above, the concealer and brightener certainly don't blend perfectly on warm undertones and darker skin tones. 

2. The bronzer, for me is not too dark. Because again, I have a darker skin tone than the shade of the bronzing veil.

I already tried creating a fresh looking makeup in my Demi Lovato's Hear Attack tutorial, using this palette. And this
is the palette's effect on me.


Alright, selfie-ing is a cyber offense. Don't worry I have enough savings to bail myself out! Ha ha! So here are another set of "selfies" using the fresh face palette.

Allow me to share again the video using the actual product. Please refer to the first part of the video.


I hope to see you guys in your effortless beauty. After all, makeup was created to enhance our innate beauty, and not to transform us into a different being (Costume makeups are exemptions). :)


Always,


 

5 comments:

  1. Definitely! It's my favorite essential palette!

    http://thepyasalvanera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! this is me Laviña Jampit the one from lookbook! nice blog! loved your OOTD before this post! was the top a DIY? :)

    lavinajampit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Babe! Thanks for dropping by! No, I bought it from Urban Hour last Supersale in WTC :)


      http://thepyasalvanera.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. You did such a great job of recreating Demi's look! I'm really impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much Stephanie! See you around as I'll keep track of your posts as well <3

      Lots of Love,
      Pya

      http://thepyasalvanera.blogspot.com

      Delete