Tuesday, December 31, 2013

As Seen in 2013

It's the time of the year again to look back and discover how I lived my life in the past (and fast) 365 days of 2013.

I was able to travel around Davao and Butuan for series of media workshops on power situation in Mindanao. I personally experienced how crucial rotating brownouts were, as several households, businesses and other sectors were strongly affected by it. I do hope power issues in Mindanao will be resolved sooner, as we look into other alternatives like clean and renewable energy sources. This might be quite costly, but definitely efficient in the long run.

Left: A local restaurant in Butuan. They usually stop their operations during daily rotating brownout. Hence, profits are seriously affected. Right: Ms Myrna Velasco of Manila Bulletin, conducting workshops on local media partitioners in Mindanao.
I thought I already graduated from receiving awards and special citations until my Alma Mater invited me earlier this year to their VPAA Testimonial for Student Affairs for our work that was chosen as one of the top 15 in the International Labour Organization Video Contest and was presented in the Youth Employment Forum 2012 in Geneva, Switzerland.



Later this year, I was also invited by Noveleta Councilor Anglo in behalf of the Junior Chamber International to receive my recognition for being one of 12 Noveleta's Finest Youth in the field of communication.



Credits: Martin Ledesma
One of the most surreal moments of 2013 was when I guested along with  reputable filmmakers, writers and film festival organizers to tackle about the effects of independent films in Filipino society. Special thanks to my professor, Ms. Flordeliz Abanto for being able to have the opportunity to have my voice be heard in an award winning radio program, Diskarte.

Credits: fnf.org
Reaching your anniversary at work might now be a rare occurrence for all competitive youth in my generation. Hence, reaching my first year at my first job is really worth posting as one of my memorable happenings of 2013. Being assigned to work with the IEC team for the project, I may have produced several special media materials that were exhibited here and across the country. And among the several IEC materials I have produced (either print or digital media), this corner is my baby!


Bahay Kaalaman Welcome Sign. Bahay Kaalaman is an Interactive Knowledge Management Center housed in Batangas National High School, Batangas City (Credits: CEnergy Project)

Aside from the almost reaching highest peaks of my career this year, 2013 is not a good year for my health. My TMJ complication has triggered up as I experienced severe clicking and locking of my jaws, causing me to undergo two tooth extraction surgeries. Still, this problem continues to live with me, and I do hope I may be able to get through it this 2014.

However, I still managed to YOLO as I get more inclined to EDM concerts this year. I was able to party with Avicii, Bass Jackers, Zedd and Madeon.


Clockwise from TL: Avicii, Bass Jackers, Zedd, Madeon

Moreover, my playlist was filled up with other EDM artists: Calvin Harris, Rebecca and Fiona, Otto Knows, Steve Aoki, Afrojack, Swedish House Mafia and Hardwell, and different breakthrough artists: Ellie Goulding, Lorde and Lana Del Rey.

Met different local celebrities and personalities, but seeing (and being able to selfie with) the big boss himself, His Excellency, US Ambassador Harry K. Thomas was the most epic!



I also got fond of cropped tops, skater skirts and maxi dresses. And I started being a bazaar goer as I was able to find cheaper finds and more fab items every fashionista looks for. Here's my top OOTDs for the year:




Travelled to Bohol for summer and Hong Kong for Holidays!




Hurrah for my successful goal: I LOST 10 LBS THIS YEAR! Thanks to Zumba, 30-day Shred and GM Diet.



Lastly, I know I have deepen my relationship with my parents, though I don't get to bond and stay with them everyday.



Indeed it was a great year for me. And I really look forward to a more productive year ahead of me,  by being strong enough to face every problem I might encounter, and always... to think of the most positive things to attract the best vibes in the world. Thanks for being part of my 2013 journey, and I see you all next year.

Always,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment